Employment and Internships
Project HEARTH is seeking a part-time volunteer coordinator (15 hours/week) for our North Penn Office. To apply, e-mail your resume and cover letter to Shushma Patel, program director, Project HEARTH, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Under the direction of the Project HEARTH (Helping Elderly Adults Remain in Their Homes) Director, the Volunteer Coordinator for Project HEARTH is responsible for recruiting, coordinating, matching and recognizing HEARTH volunteers. These volunteers are matched with eligible elderly clients who are referred to Project HEARTH by Aging and Adult Services, social service agencies, churches and families. The goal is to assist Montgomery County seniors to remain as independent for as long as possible through supportive volunteer services. The position is for 15 hours per week, generally 3 days per week.
• Serve as a representative of Family Services in accepting and processing client referrals (for volunteer services) from Aging and Adult Services and other social service agencies
• Assists in publicizing elder serving programs via newsletters, brochures, public speaking and other media
• Recruits, orients and places volunteers to serve the elderly
• Monitors volunteer placements
• Helps to assess volunteer impact on clients
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with a variety of community agencies
• Assists with recognition of volunteers and organizations who have volunteered to serve the elderly
• Maintains and monitors contacts with clients and volunteer records and timesheets
• Prepares client and volunteer reports as requested
• Works collaboratively with all FSMC elder serving programs
• Remains knowledgeable of current information relating to senior citizens
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Familiarity with and genuine interest in working with elderly individuals
• Familiarity and interest in working with volunteers
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite), able to learn program software
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the public
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Should possess a BA Degree and/or related social service and volunteer experience.
Must possess a reliable automobile and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
We are not accepting student interns at this time.